Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Light at the end of the tunnel

When I started doing a lot overtime a couple of months ago, this all seemed impossible. I didn't know if I was accepted yet, but I always believed you speak things into being. So I expected the best, acceptance, and prepared for the worst, a second rejection, which I would not have handled well. As I said before, most of my friends and family were sure I'd be accepted this time. I guess somewhere in the back of my head, I felt I'd get it, but in the front, nonstop panic and constantly questioning the "how" of it all. You can't get student loans to cover your room and board. I didn't really want them, but I also didn't want anything to stop me.

And of course, the simple fact that I'm stepping out into the unknown. I've always considered myself reserved. Too reserved really. I need a plan just for the sake of having a plan. I need to know what's going to happen next or at least have a dozen different scenarios planned out ad nauseum.  I don't like surprises. So needless to say, this is a lot for me. I'm packing up my life, and cats, to move halfway around the world to get a master's. I know what I would like to focus on, but I don't know how it will translate into a job or hopefully a business.  I honestly feel like you don't really have any control over your professional life unless you are working for yourself. What kind of business would I start? I got no freaking clue!!!! See where I'm going here.  Yeah, me neither. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment